DISCOVER THE TERRITORY AT 360°
WHERE WE LIKE TO LIVE
AT THE LAKE
Lake Caldonazzo holds the distinction of being the largest natural lake in Trentino.
With water temperatures reaching up to approximately 27°, the lake is particularly suitable for children and less experienced swimmers, thanks to its shallow beaches.
Lake Caldonazzo has been awarded the prestigious Blue Flag recognition, which distinguishes the healthness of its waters.
A wide variety of water sports can be practiced: from canoeing, water skiing, and sailing. Alternatively, one can opt for a more leisurely experience by touring the lake’s shores with a kayak or a stand-up-paddleboard.
It’s important to note that boating is restricted for vessels with engines exceeding 4hp.
Fishing enthusiasts can indulge in their passion by obtaining a permit. The lake boasts a variety of fish species, including whitefish, known for reaching sizes among the largest in Europe, as well as pike and lake trout. Fishing permits can be conveniently downloaded online ( https://www.hooking.eu/ ) or acquired from affiliated establishments offering paper issuance.
The Valsugana cycle path, a true paradise for two-wheel enthusiasts, connects the Valsugana valley with Bassano del Grappa in an 80km route that follows the Brenta river for many stretches.
Road biking: enjoy the pitcturesque views of our valley by riding the many possible routes. The more experienced can tackle one of the famous climbs where some important international competations have been held: Vetriolo, Menador Road, Manghen Pass.
Mountain bike: Valsugana is an idea destination for off-road enthusiasts, boasting a plethora of trails with varying difficulty levels.
You can take advantage of the transportation service offered by Move, starting your route from higher altitudes: https://move.tn.en/
At our campsite, Trekking bikes are available for rental.
For those seeking more specialized bikes, the Cicli Ghesla store, in downtown Caldonazzo, is an excellent option, offering a wide selection from their extensive catalog: https://www.ciclighesla.com/
Strolls: explore the lake and its surroundings, taking leisurely walks amidst nature and pitcturesque landscapes.
Hiking: discover our mountains and the highest peaks of the Lagorai chain, breathing healthy and clean air.
WITH A HORSE / FLYING / ROWING
Horseback riding: our area lends itself very well to horseback riding. Of great importance is the East Tretino Horse Trail. For those who wish to have this experience, they can contact the Lochere Equestrian Center A.S.D. for further information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Free flight – paragliding: an adrenaline-pumping alternative to enjoy the views of Valsugana from a different perspective: www.flytandemvalsugana.com
Rafting: live an exciting experience with your family. On the Noce River or the Brenta River: https://www.ursusadventures.it/
- Agriturismo dal Perotin: you will enjoy recipes from the culinary tradition of Caldonazzo combined with South Tyrolean dishes:
- Osteria Storica Morelli: you will find a Trentino supply chain menu with raw materials from small local producers:
- Rifugio Crucolo: it is the oldest tavern in Trentino. Located at 1100 meters above the sea level, at the foot of the Lagorai chain in Val Campelle, it offers genuine, tasty typical cuisine rooted in mountain traditions.
Restaurants and Pizzerias
- Pineta Caldonazzo: enjoy their base of local, wholesome products reimagined with a gourmet twist. Be surprised by their pizza, considered one of the 50 best in Italy.
- Biba’s: just a stone’s throw from Punta Lago, enjoy their cuisine or pizza, or get a take-out to eat at our campsite.
Arte Sella: it is a contemporary art event set in nature, occurring in the Sella Valley, just a little over 30km from Camping Punta Lago. The exhibition walking tour takes about 45 minutes and is free with the Trentino Guest Card: http://www.artesella.it/it/
Trento is the capital of Trentino and the largest city near our campground. In the historic center, which can be visited on foot, you’ll discover some must-see landmarks: the cathedral and its square featuring the Neptune fountain, the Buonconsiglio Castle, and the fresco-adorned Via Belenzani. Not far from the historic center are the nationally renowned MUSE Science Museum and the Mausoleum dedicated to Cesare Battisti on Doss Trento.
With the Trentino Guest Card, you can enjoy reduced rates when visiting museums.
You can reach the city by public transportation, train or bus, free of charge, and, thanks to the Guest Card benefits, you can enjoy a stupendous view of the city from above by riding the trento-Sardagna Cable Car for free:
Belvedere Fort: devensive bastion built during the World War I. Located near Lavarone on the Alpe Cimbra:
Marco Martalar’s works
Fantastic works of art made by reusing lumber from trees that fell during the catstrophic 2018 Vaja storm.
- Lagorai wolf:
- Marcesina Eagle:
- Vaia Castello Tesino Grifon
- Haflinger di Strembo
- Caldonazzo e Calceranica al Lago: at a very short distance from our campsite, reachable on foot or by bicycle, they offer all the basic services: pharmacy, bank, supermarkets, bakeries and stores selling equipment useful for camping life.
For the more athletic, there are numerous walking and biking trails in the surroundings hills and mountains:
- Levico Terme: located 5km from Camping Punta Lago, it is a small town with a19th-century feel. Enjoy a stroll through the historic center full of stores and eateries, or relax inside the Hapsburg Park surrounded by centuries-old trees.
A short distance away from the center, you will find Lake Levico, where you can spend a day at the beach or walk around its entire perimeter by taking the Fisherman’s Path:
- Pergine Valsugana 12km away from our facility, it is the major center of Valsugana. Here, in addition to the historic center with Renaissance-style buildings and many stores, you will also find a shopping mall for shopping lovers.
The medieval castle overlooking the town can be reached by car but also by bicycle or on foot: